Monterey Bay Sprint Triathlon
Register Today: Click Here
- Athlete Information Guide: Click Here
- 7:00 am — Start Time
- Distance: .5 Mile Swim - 12 Mile Bike - 3.1 Mile Run
Registration Information & Fees:
- $115 until 1/1/2019 at 11:59pm
- $125 until 3/1/2019 at 11:59pm
- $135 until 5/8/2019 at 11:59pm
- $145 until 5/17/2019 at 9am
- $155 Late Registration
- $100 until 1/1/2019 at 11:59pm
- $110 until 3/1/2019 at 11:59pm
- $120 until 5/8/2019 at 11:59pm
- $130 until 5/17/2019 at 9am
- $140 Late Registration
Relay Teams (2 or 3 members)
- $160 until 1/1/2019 at 11:59pm
- $170 until 3/1/2019 at 11:59pm
- $180 until 5/8/2019 at 11:59pm
- $190 until 5/17/2019 at 9am
- $210 Late Registration
- Triathlon Club Members
- Youth – Individuals (19 and under)
- Clydesdale & Athena
- Relay Teams (male, female, or coed 2 or 3 person team), captain pays the fee.
- Custom event branded t-shirt
- Custom finishers medal
- Custom swim cap
- Free post-race feast and beer
- Professional Race Day announcer
- Race results posted on race day
- Great music
- Free Race Photos
Age groups male & female (awards will be given 3 deep):
- 15 & Under,16-17, 18-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+,
- Female-Athena (over 165 lbs)
- Male-Clydesdale (over 220 lbs.)
- Race Photography: Click Here
- Confirmed Athletes:All athletes should arrive at least 1.5 hours early. This event will begin promptly at 7:00AM
Preliminary Wave Starts:
- 7:00am Wave #1: Male/Female 29 & Under, All Elites
- 7:05am Wave #2: Male/Female 30 to 39
- 7:10am Wave #3: Male/Female 40 to 49
- 7:15am Wave #4: Male/Female 50 and over
- 7:20am Wave #5: Relay, Aquabike
Waves may change going into race day based on size of wave
**Clydesdales, Athena and Mt. Bike Divisions will be included in the age group divisions
Schedule of events:
You must bring a valid ID to pick up your race packet. If you are pre-registered, you will not need to bring anything but your valid I.D.
Saturday, October 19, 2019 (Registration / Packet Pickup)
- Location: Lover Point Park
- Hours: 10-5pm
- Address: 631 Ocean View Blvd, Pacific Grove, CA 93950
- Map: Click Here
Sunday, October 20, 2019 (Race Day / Registration)
- 5:30am Transition Open
- 7am-11am Expo Open
- 7am Race Start
- 8am-11am Food, Beer, Music and Entertainment
- 10:30am Awards Ceremony
Race Tattoos & Bibs:
Athletes will be responsible for applying the race tattoo (bib number-left arm) that is provided in your packet. Apply your Race Tattoo on the left side of your body. Remember it is mandatory that you wear your colored swim cap, apply your adhesive bike bib and wear your run bib during the run portion of the race.
The Finish includes a post race party with all the fixings: great music, exciting race day announcers, delicious food which includes burritos, chips, granola, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, fresh spring water, recovery drinks, beer and more.
Post Race Massage:
Free sports massage services, assessments and taping
This race will be timed using a chip timing system. Upon checking in you will receive a chip that is traditionally worn on the ankle. It is the athlete’s responsibility to wear the chip during the entire race. If you do not wear the chip you will NOT be timed.
The Athlete is also 100% totally responsible for the return of the chip. Our waiver will have a disclaimer that must be signed that states you, the athlete, must return the chip or be billed accordingly by our timing company. It is the racer’s responsibility to make sure that if you cannot attend the race, the chip will be returned within 7 days to USA Productions at the following address. If the timing chip is not returned the participant will be charged $30.
USA Triathlon Sanctioning:
USA Triathlon provides comprehensive insurance coverage to sanctioned events. The coverage provides liability coverage to protect the race director, sponsors, volunteers, officials, and participants. The athlete excess medical coverage protects each participant for the day of the event.
Athlete Excess Medical: When athletes purchase a USA Triathlon annual license or one day permit, a portion of those fees cover the cost to provide them with excess medical insurance. This coverage only extends to their participation in an USA Triathlon sanctioned event and is only available after the injured party has filed with any primary insurance policies.
Event Liability: USA Triathlon provides comprehensive liability insurance coverage to sanctioned events. The USA Triathlon policy automatically covers USA Triathlon race directors, sponsors, volunteers, officials, and participants while participating in sanctioned events. Single-event permit can only be purchased through the race director and is $15 at packet pickup or the day of the event. USA Triathlon does not sell single-day permits.
Learn more about USA Triathlon: Click here